Word of the Week

I introduced the Word of the Week to help us improve our working knowledge of the English language. Your part if you choose to participate is to be aware of and use each word for the entire week whenever the opportunity presents itself. This way we will all increase our vocabulary and our knowledge of the English language supplying us with a very effective tool to utilize on our road to success.

temerity

te·mer·i·ty /təˈmerəti/ noun

the quality of being confident and unafraid of danger or punishment.

From a poem entitled “It’s No Surprise”

“Eyes exuding sincerity,

understanding, temerity,

is why I love you.”











Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Woman with Flower

I wouldn’t coax the flower if I were you.
Such watchful nurturing may do it harm.
Let the soil rest from so much digging
And wait until it’s dry before you water it.
The leaf’s inclined to find its own direction;
Give it a chance to seek the sunlight for itself.
Much growth is stunted by too much prodding,
Too much eagerness.
The things we love we have to learn to leave alone.

Naomi Long Madgett

1 comment:

  1. I love it, I love it, I love it!

    Have printed this out, and am posting it next to the kitchen counter where I deal with my children and the temptations of a helicopter parent tend to kick in ;)

    Thanks, Marshall!

    ReplyDelete