Word of the Week

I introduced the Word of the Week to help us improve our working knowledge of the English language. Your part if you choose to participate is to be aware of and use each word for the entire week whenever the opportunity presents itself. This way we will all increase our vocabulary and our knowledge of the English language supplying us with a very effective tool to utilize on our road to success.

temerity

te·mer·i·ty /təˈmerəti/ noun

the quality of being confident and unafraid of danger or punishment.

From a poem entitled “It’s No Surprise”

“Eyes exuding sincerity,

understanding, temerity,

is why I love you.”











Friday, April 23, 2010

Re-Visit...Re-Focus

Conversations with several people over the last week have prompted this repost from last July.

Where Am I Going?

Set aside some time this week to discover who you are and why you are here. Too many of us travel through life without ever knowing who we really are and what our purpose is. Yes we have all at times wondered why we are here and what we would like to do with our lives or where our lives are taking us, (instead of us directing our lives to take us where we want), and wondering where we might be five or ten years from now. So many of us drift along going with the flow letting our circumstances and environment dictate our actions and therefore results. It is kind of like leaving on a trip without really knowing where you are going or will end up. Generally when we plan a trip we know where we are going, why we are going, how we will get there, things we are going to do and see when we are there and any necessary preparations required ahead of time. Why do we spend more time planning a trip than we do our lives? Is life not just a trip of another kind? Does it not deserve at least as much planning as your next vacation?

Here are some questions to help you get started. If you think of other relevant questions that have meaning for you leading to a positive corollary, by all means add them.

What am I?

Am I my name? Am I my body? Am I the things I have accumulated?

Or am I much more than this?

What defines me?

What are my beliefs? How did I come to believe what I do? Is it someone else’s belief I have accepted as truth or my own? How would other people define me? Am I my own person or am I trying to please everyone by being the type of person they think I should be? Do I need to revisit and look at some of my beliefs differently? How?

What do I want from life?

What are my passions? What would be my ideal life if nothing were impossible? What type of person has this life? Do my beliefs harmonize with this type of person? What changes must I make to become this type of person? How will I make these changes? What limits do I impose upon myself and how will I eliminate them?

What is my purpose?

How will I develop and use my passions, (talents, gifts), throughout my life to help others? How will I give back?

“Nothing is impossible to the mind. All its guidance and power are available to you. When you have fully realized THOUGHT CAUSES ALL, you will know there will never be any limits that you yourself do not impose.” - U. S. Anderson

For further discussion or help with these questions email premierblueprints@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment