Word of the Week

I introduced the Word of the Week to help us improve our working knowledge of the English language. Your part if you choose to participate is to be aware of and use each word for the entire week whenever the opportunity presents itself. This way we will all increase our vocabulary and our knowledge of the English language supplying us with a very effective tool to utilize on our road to success.

temerity

te·mer·i·ty /təˈmerəti/ noun

the quality of being confident and unafraid of danger or punishment.

From a poem entitled “It’s No Surprise”

“Eyes exuding sincerity,

understanding, temerity,

is why I love you.”











Monday, August 10, 2009

Ex-Reluctant Learning

***Note - This posting was not written by Marshall***

Hope everything is well with everyone. My name is Matt Page and, as you can probably guess, I am related to the regular author of Premier Blueprints. I am also the webmaster and have the responsibilities of making sure Marshall's post are up on time and organized.

What I wanted to do today was to let you in on a little secret.

Through each post, you are all slowly beginning to learn and understand Marshall's philosophy and outlook on life. From the comments and emails he has received from friends and strangers alike it is obvious that his powerfully positive message is truly reaching out to others and offering them a new perspective on what life CAN be if you choose to make it so.

Fortunately for me I've had this positive influence throughout my entire life. Unfortunately I haven't always listened. Now I'm not going to tell you that I was a troubled kid, who didn't perform well at school, was always in some sort of mess and was mixed up with the wrong people because all of that would be a lie.

What I will tell you is that Marshall has been writing and evolving his life philosophy for a long time. He has been writing and sending me these powerful essays for last several years. The secret is I never read them, or at best glanced through in case he was going to quiz me about it next time I saw him. It wasn't until this website was created that I truly discovered the inspirational genius in Marshall's way of living.

Being the Webmaster of this site, I'm also responsible for making sure all the formatting and spelling is perfect. This task means I have to read through every post before it shows up on the main page. It is actually a task I look forward to every Monday, Wednesday and Friday because every time I am surprised how I can take small piece of truth from each post and immediately apply it too my current situation. Having to read it has made me LOVE to read it!

I believe that Marshall's message has the power to touch and change the lives of millions but I bet if you were to ask him if he was happy that his son is finally, ACTUALLY reading his work he would tell you this website has been worth it. I know it has been blessing in disguise for me.

Hopefully you know someone else who could benefit from Marshall's message the way you and I have.

Let's share the secret!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome,
    Thank you Matt.
    All things are perfect and serve their purpose for their time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read your words here, Matt!

    Based on the man you are today, I would say you have absorbed more lessons from your Dad than you may admit/acknowldege/appreciate.

    An inspired—and inspiring—family all around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joanne, I'm guessing I might have learned a thing or two from him as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick note... I also enjoyed this kind and thoughtful post about your Dad, Matt. Well done. I'd say The Apple didn't fall too far from the Tree... :) Thanks! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks John, I received lots of comments on my post both online and in person. Maybe I should start my own... :D

    Of course mine was fluff compared to the heady stuff that is normally on here. But again thanks!

    ReplyDelete