Word of the Week

I introduced the Word of the Week to help us improve our working knowledge of the English language. Your part if you choose to participate is to be aware of and use each word for the entire week whenever the opportunity presents itself. This way we will all increase our vocabulary and our knowledge of the English language supplying us with a very effective tool to utilize on our road to success.

temerity

te·mer·i·ty /təˈmerəti/ noun

the quality of being confident and unafraid of danger or punishment.

From a poem entitled “It’s No Surprise”

“Eyes exuding sincerity,

understanding, temerity,

is why I love you.”











Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Now

Where are our thoughts when mind is not there?
Relaxed and content in spirit, without care?

Time is illusory, a function of mind,

A trap we fall into, causing lives to unwind.

Truth is this moment, is all I command,

The answers I seek, presently on hand.

The thing that’s important is neither what nor when,

But how I respond, this determines my end.

No worry for future, no focus on past,

Could it be I have arrived at last?

For comment please e-mail premierblueprints@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. OK, this is indeed a very deep post. Well done Marshall, needless to say this post has captured my interest. I think I may print it and stick it on my visor so that I can reflect on it while driving long stretches. Thanks a bunch my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't read it while driving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Marshall, for such insight. Amazing how you continually provoke such intense contemplation.

    ReplyDelete