Word of the Week

I introduced the Word of the Week to help us improve our working knowledge of the English language. Your part if you choose to participate is to be aware of and use each word for the entire week whenever the opportunity presents itself. This way we will all increase our vocabulary and our knowledge of the English language supplying us with a very effective tool to utilize on our road to success.

temerity

te·mer·i·ty /təˈmerəti/ noun

the quality of being confident and unafraid of danger or punishment.

From a poem entitled “It’s No Surprise”

“Eyes exuding sincerity,

understanding, temerity,

is why I love you.”











Friday, May 7, 2010

Seeing is Believing - Guest Poster Shawna Page

Have you ever been working towards something and found yourself side tracked? 

Have you ever trained for something and got discouraged or tired?
 
If you said yes to either of those you are not alone!  I have felt this way and so have many others. 
  
One way I have found to get past the hurdle is to invision what I want.  For instance I have always seen myself as a champion.  When I encounter a rough training session I picture myself standing a top the podium with the Canadian anthem playing and the Candian flag being raised. 

Sunday was a perfect example of this.  Sunday was hot, I was tired and my trainer had me pulling sleds outside.  I was thinking to myself “I don’t want to do this right now!”  I almost threw in the towel but then I pictured myself on that podium with the anthem playing and flag being raised and remembered that every step I take will bring me that much closer to my goal. 

Whether you want to save money or change your appearance, picturing the final outcome will help keep you on the right path.  Whenever you are faced with a road block take a second and see what you want and where you want to be.  Once you have invisioned your final goal re-evaluate the decision you are about to make.  If your decision takes you closer to your target jump forwards with both feet.

Shawna would love your feedback!  premierblueprints@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. well done Shawna, thank you for your inspiration! You're awesome. Celine xo

    ReplyDelete