Word of the Week

I introduced the Word of the Week to help us improve our working knowledge of the English language. Your part if you choose to participate is to be aware of and use each word for the entire week whenever the opportunity presents itself. This way we will all increase our vocabulary and our knowledge of the English language supplying us with a very effective tool to utilize on our road to success.

temerity

te·mer·i·ty /təˈmerəti/ noun

the quality of being confident and unafraid of danger or punishment.

From a poem entitled “It’s No Surprise”

“Eyes exuding sincerity,

understanding, temerity,

is why I love you.”











Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Perhaps

Perhaps neither this thing nor that
are responsible for holding me back
Perhaps they're in me
these restrictions I see
Perhaps if I change my perception – my point of view
I’ll come to understand things a new
Perhaps from inside if I change how I think
how I perceive my environment, I’ll make the link
To realize new growth, to really be free
I must reconnect with Infinite Power residing in me
I am responsible, it’s my state of mind - to which all react
I am the one who determines that
For what I give out will always come back
The Law of Receiving is proof of this Truth
So if I wish love, prosperity and joy, I must wish it for you, and for you, and to all
I must give it away
For tenfold will return some future day

1 comment:

  1. You sure know how to make a girl sit back and think! Thanks, Marshall. Such a lovely poem…

    ReplyDelete