Word of the Week

I introduced the Word of the Week to help us improve our working knowledge of the English language. Your part if you choose to participate is to be aware of and use each word for the entire week whenever the opportunity presents itself. This way we will all increase our vocabulary and our knowledge of the English language supplying us with a very effective tool to utilize on our road to success.

temerity

te·mer·i·ty /təˈmerəti/ noun

the quality of being confident and unafraid of danger or punishment.

From a poem entitled “It’s No Surprise”

“Eyes exuding sincerity,

understanding, temerity,

is why I love you.”











Monday, April 13, 2009

Why develop a strong core? (Part One)

Your core is responsible for all movement, stabilization and transfer of energy in your body. The many muscle groups that make up your core are responsible for everything from good posture to bladder control, improved balance, and yes, even improved performance in the bedroom.

Did you know a major cause of low back pain is an imbalance of core strength and flexibility? A strong core is essential for maximum efficiency of power and movement.

If you are an athlete kicking a ball, throwing a punch, or running a marathon a weak core will detract from your performance. Maybe you are just active with every day activities such as picking up the baby or raking the lawn. Either way a strong well-balanced core will ensure ease of movement, increasing confidence and quality of life.

The significant benefits of proper core training increase the proficiency in any activity because the area around your trunk and pelvis is where your center of gravity is located. A strong core gives you:
  • Better posture
  • More control
  • Improved, more powerful performance
    Injury prevention
  • Increased protection and "bracing" for your back
    A more stable center of gravity
  • A more stable platform for sports movements

When you have good core stability, the muscles in your pelvis, lower back, hips and abdomen work harmoniously providing important support to your spine, maximizing power transition for just about any activity.

Next I will discuss how to identify a well-developed core and its importance.

For tips on core development or effective programs drop me a line. I’ll be happy to discuss your concerns.

Email premierblueprints@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. My posture has improved so very much since Marshall has added core training to my routine. I'm actually the same heigth now then when I was 16 and I'm now 50. I'm taller than my sister who was always taller than I! Thanks to core training I stand straighter and taller......a great boost to my self esteem...and a for the bedroom....yup, core training helps!!

    ReplyDelete